Art exhibition titled “Skin and Bones – Tattoo Inspired Motorcycles and Art,” curated by Michael Lichter.
The exhibit is held in the Buffalo Chip’s Events Center.
The added dimension of tattoo art offers the builder an opportunity to expose his personality through a deposit of “ink” most often consigned to the builder’s own skin. These craftsmen have all worked for many years honing the skills required to become renowned bike builders. They have reached deep, spending the time, exerting the effort and wielding the skills required to create a tour de force worthy of this world-renowned display.
Over 30 masters of the trade have accepted the challenge to build a bike befitting the theme for the 2016 Motorcycles as Art exhibit, “Skin and Bones – Tattoo Inspired Motorcycles as Art.” The “skin” of each bike works flawlessly with the inner “bones,” creating a body that blends in a symbiotic relationship of power and beauty, much the same as a human body.
The Custom Motorcycle Artists Scheduled To Present Their Skin and Bones Masterpieces At The 2016 Motorcycles As Art Exhibit Are:
- Aki Sakamoto, Hog Killers, Hawaiian Gardens, CA
- Andrea Radaelli, Radikal Chopper Milano, Italy
- Bill Dodge, Blings Cycles, Daytona Beach, FL
- Bobby Seeger Jr., Indian Larry Legacy, Brooklyn, NY
- Bryan Fuller, Fuller Moto, Atlanta, GA
- Chris Callen, Cycle Source, Pittsburgh, PA
- Chris Eder, Misfit Industries, Addison, TX
- Dalton Walker, Split Image Kustoms, Hanford, CA
- Dan “Bacon” Carr, DC Choppers, Spicewood, TX
- Eddie Trotta, Thunder Cycle, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Eric Allard, FNA Custom Cycles, Lakeland, FL
- George Stinsman, Chaos Cycle, Mastic, NY
- Jeff Cochran, Speedking Racing, West Harrison, IN
- Jeff Holt, Hot Bike Magazine, Orange County, CA
- Kevin Dunworth, Loaded Gun Customs, Selbyville, DE
- Nick Beaulieu, Forever Two Wheels, Windham, ME
- Ola Stenegard, Ronny and Benny Norén, Sebastian Gutsch, BMW Motorrad, Munich, Germany
- Pat Patterson, Led Sled, Daytona, OH
- Paul Yaffe, Paul Yaffe Originals, Phoenix, AZ
- Richie Pan, DST, Jackson, NJ
- Roland Sands, RSD, Los Alamitos, CA
- Ryan Grossman, Vintage Dreams, Martinez, CA
- Shaun and Aaron Gaurdado, Suicide Machine Company, Long Beach, CA
- Steve Peffer, Steel City Choppers, Butler, PA
- Teach Kevin Baas, Baas Metal Craft, Lakeville, MN
- Trent Schara, Atomic Forge, WY
- Trevelen Rabaual, Superco, Los Angeles, CA
- Uwe Ehinger, Hamburg, GERMANY
- Will Ramsay, Faith Forgotten, New Albany, IN
- Yuichi Yoshizawa, Custom Works Zon, Shiga Prefecture, Japan
Thank you to these Motorcycles as Art sponsors:
GEICO Motorcycle, Daily Direct/Haul Bikes, A&S Kinard, Ace Café, AMA, AMSOIL, BAHN, Baker Drivetrain, Biltwell, BMW Motorrad, Crusher, Future Sonics, Hot Leathers, J&P Cycles, Klock Werks, K&N Filters, Kuryakyn, Legend Suspension, Metzeler, Motor Bike Expo, Mustang Seats, Roland Sands Designs, Rockford Fosgate, S&S Cycle, Tucker Rocky, Wiley X, and Wrangler.